The Host Church Responsibilities
- Registration: Registrars, nametags, collecting lunch funds, dispersing packets, etc.
- Coffee hour/Fellowship time snacks
- Credentials Committee (Pages)
- A hearer (making sure speakers can be heard)
- Offering (4 to collect and count and report to Secretary)
- Greeters (may be same as the Pages)
- Rooms to meet in (map of the church to indicate where activities/meetings will take place/signs)
- Send an invitation to the churches in First Presbyterial to attend the annual meeting (sent in August)
- Nursery (typically 4-6 ladies and a few teens)
- Bulletin (150-200)
- Place a table and chair in the sanctuary for the Secretary
- Display of the Presbyterial Quilt (optional)
For the past several years the host church has ordered boxed lunches for the meeting and each attendee pays for her own. Traditionally the host church has a “table favor” for everyone.
The Host Church may ask other churches to provide assistance, perhaps with flowers, treat bags, table favors, or other items.
Duties of Pages
- Wear sashes/ribbons to designate your office
- Be on duty by 9:15 (or appropriate time) to greet guests and give name tags and monitor the registration sheets.
- Assign one page to meet the needs of the President
- As soon as the meeting begins, the pages in charge of the registration sheets should prepare a total of the number of people registered and the number of churches represented. This information should be sent to the President. The Registration sheets and the totals should be given to the Presbyterial Secretary.
- At least 2 pages should be on hand at the front entrance at 9:30 (or appropriate time) to direct guests to rest rooms and coffee area. You may want to designate all restrooms for ladies with the exception of one for the men.
- Four pages are required to take up the offering. The offering should be counted by the pages and total given to the Presbyterial Secretary. The money should be given to the Presbyterial Treasurer to be applied to the Presbyterial Contingency Fund.
- Pages should be available to give directions to workshop rooms and Showcase area.
- Assign one page to be a “hearer” at the back of the Sanctuary to signal speakers if they cannot be heard.
The Program Committee Responsibilities
The Program Committee is comprised of
- Presbyterial Vice President
- Presbyterial Spiritual Life Chairman
- Host Church Chairman
This committee is responsible for planning the program for the Annual Meeting. This includes identifying and securing
- Missions speaker
- You can contact World Witness for a list of missionaries who are on furlough during the meeting month.
- Primary speaker (WM or Inspirational)
- Person to install the new officers
- Church Extension speaker (typically Tom Patterson of the Church Extension committee)
- Invocation (typically pastor of host church)
This committee also ensures any information from the Board is included in the Program/Bulletin.
The Vice President should have the Sashes for the Pages of the Host Church.
The Vice President organizes the planning meetings in the year prior to the Annual Meeting.
The Past President secures the church for the next year’s Annual Meeting.